Genital hygiene is very important for your health as well as your overall appearance. If you miss out on a regular shower with soap, bacteria will start to spread, especially in an area which is generally sweaty and used for excretion. In order to prevent bacteria from spreading you should wash your penis on a daily basis. Let us take a look at a few simple rules for keeping the genital area clean:
- Take a shower or use warm water to get your genital region wet.
- If you have foreskin pull it gently back and let the water reach those hidden areas.
- Try to use soap to clean the forehead and the shaft.
- Make sure to clean the surrounding area as well, because bacteria will nest in the pubic hairs.
- Especially, take care of your scrotum and the area between scrotum and anus.
- Always remember, bacteria will not stay in one location, they travel from hair to hair or in your underwear through your natural movement.
- Once you have scrubbed all areas, use warm water to get the soap off.
- Dry the are with a clean towel.
- Put on a clean underwear.
Not only will these rules help you to avoid a smelly genital area, but it will prevent you from getting a bacterial infection. Further will it improve your sexual interaction with other people and how they perceive you in general.
Being sloppy with your hygiene is not only unhealthy, but also sends a strong message to the people with whom you have an interaction on a daily basis, as it can be understood for being careless.